Parents Association for pupils of the European school of Strasbourg (APE)
The role of the Association is to represent and protect the interests of the family (pedagogical and educational) in the school. It is in charge of after school care, extra-curricular activities, the lunchbox as well as the ALSH - Accueil de Loisirs Sans Hébergement (non-residential holiday camp).
Its members sit on the Administration Committee (the school's administrative committee) and on all internal committees. The APE is the point of contact with the local government (City, Department, Region), as well as with the representative of the Institutions (European Parliament, Ombudsman and other agencies)
The Executive Committee (CD-APE)
The Executive Committee appoints APE representatives to all committees and is responsible for setting up internal working groups and deciding on their make-up.
CD members make up a dynamic, friendly and passionate group of people working for families and the well-being of their children.
The members are motivated, enthusiastic, creative and involved.
Job description: President and Vice President
This is a key position on the Committee. Without the President, the association cannot function. The President supervises all the activities of the association and ensures that the decisions of the board are carried out. The President works closely with the Treasurer.
This position requires a time commitment of approximately 10 hours per month and a good command of French.
- To legally represent the APE, to ensure that laws and regulations are respected.
- Ensure the functioning of the association, chair the general assemblies and the meetings of the Executive Committee.
- Act as arbitrator in decisions and conflicts within the Board.
- Participate in the following committees (to name only the main ones):
- EES Board (Board of Directors)
- Primary and secondary representative parent assemblies
- Regular meetings between the APE / after school service providers
- Represents the APE on CAPEA