Strasbourg European School Parents’ Association (APE)
The Association role is to represent and protect the interests of the family (pedagogical and educational) in the School. It is in charge of the afterschool, extraschool, lunchbox as well as of the Accueil de Loisirs Sans Hébergement (ALSH, daily camp during holidays).
Its members sit on the Comitéd’Administration (School’s administrative committee) and in all internal commettees. APE is the point of contact with local gouvernement (City, Département, Région), as well as with the Institutions representative (European Parliament, Ombudsman and other agencies)
Le Comité de Direction (CD-APE)
The CD points the APE representatives to the all committees, it is responsible of creating internal working groups and establish their compositions.
To be member of the CD is to participate to the work of a dynamic, convivial and passionate group, serving the families for the wellbeing of the children.
Members are motivated, enthousiast, creative and participative.
Job description: President and Deputy President
This is a key position on the CD. Without the president, the association can not function.The president oversees all activities of the association and ensures the execution of the decisions of the board of directors. The president works closely together with the Treasurer.
This position requires about ten hours per month (by approximation) and a good command of French.
- To legally represent the APE, ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- To ensure the functioning of the association, chairing General Assembly and CD meetings.
- To arbitrate decisions and conflicts within the CD.
- To participate in the following committees (to cite but the main ones):
- EES Board (Conseild’Administration)
- Assemblies of parents representative Primary and Secondary
- APE/Extra-curricular services provider regular meetings
- Represents the EPA in the CAPEA