Parents Association for pupils of the European school of Strasbourg (APE)
The role of the Association is to represent and protect the interests of the family (pedagogical and educational) in the school. It is in charge of after school care, extra-curricular activities, the lunchbox as well as the ALSH - Accueil de Loisirs Sans Hébergement (non-residential holiday camp).
Its members sit on the Administrative Committee (the School's administrative committee) and on all internal committees. The APE is the point of contact with the local government (City, Department, Region), as well as with the representative of the Institutions (European Parliament, Ombudsman and other agencies)
The Executive Committee appoints APE representatives to all committees and is responsible for setting up internal working groups and deciding on their make-up.
CD members make up a dynamic, friendly and passionate group of people working for families and the well-being of their children.
The members are motivated, enthusiastic, creative and involved
Job description : CD member
The Executive Committee members are the elected representatives of the members of the association and are available to listen to and support school parents.
A CD member's workload and time commitment depends on the working groups he/she participates in and the tasks he/she performs (participation in the Administrative Board, etc.) and the projects he/she wishes to carry out. A rough guide would be five hours per month, including the monthly SC meeting.
A CD member
- Elects the President, Treasurer and Secretary of the APE.
- Actively participates in and contributes ideas and involvement in projects at CD meetings.
- Votes on the deliberations of the CD.
- Plays an active role in the work of the association (organisation of the general assembly, participation in events - festivities).
- Plays an active role in the different bodies of the school where the CD is involved (board of directors and other bodies).